Roles and Function of Traffic Department
The Orange Walk Town Council Traffic Department is one of the largest departments in the towns administration. It is managed by Mr. Aldair Lima and the function of the Traffic Department is to enforce the Motor Vehicle and Road Traffic Laws of Belize. The Department is mindful of all forms of Traffic activities that occurs within the town, and is determined to manage these types of activities to promote and secure the wellbeing of all citizens and visitors.
The Traffic Department works very closely with the Police department, Transport Board and the Ministry of Transport to continuously enforce, review and assess all its duties and responsibilities given under the law. The Department is responsible for a wide range of functions that are traffic related, some of which are as follows:
- The Issuing and renewal of drivers’ license and vehicle license for all individuals and vehicles registered in Orange Walk Town.
- The Inspection of all modes of transportation that require a license under the law to traffic on any street.
- The monitoring and supervision of all parades, funerals and similar activities which impede the normal flow of Traffic.
- The regulation of Parking and all activities related to parking within the town.
- The strategic placement of appropriate traffic signs throughout the town.
- Public education on basic Traffic Laws.
Persons that would like to find out more information about services that are offered by the Traffic Department may contact our office at telephone (501) 670 2053.